The Regional News
The paper comes out each Thursday and is mailed to it’s subscribers as well as being sold on area newsstands. One reason that The Regional News is the most-read non-daily newspaper in the Palos-Orland area is because each issue includes local news and photos with unbiased stories. Each issue contains the American Profile magazine, a full-color glossy publication of news features and photos. The Regional News has won over 600 awards for excellence including being named Best Small Weekly in Illinois five times by the Illinois Press Association.
We Like Being Social!
A little history…The Regional News
The Regional News was founded in 1941 as The Palos Regional, a five by seven inch booklet of local news which was mailed monthly to residents of Palos Heights and Palos Park. In 1947 the paper was enlarged to tabloid size by Publisher Carl Richards and it began publishing every week. Five years later he increased the page size to today’s full size.
Charles Richards bought The Regional from his father in 1970. He purchased a new printing press and installed it in the plant on the northeast corner of 123rd Street and Harlem in Palos Heights. In 1983 the paper’s name was changed to The Regional News because of the addition of news and advertising matter from Orland Park.
12243 South Harlem Avenue, Palos Heights, IL 60463-1431
Read The Regional News:
Online or in print! You can subscribe to this publication by calling 708-448-4000 today or purchase your copy at any of these locations:
- 7-11, 9985 W. 151st Street
- Walgreens, 14680 LaGrange Rd.
- Mobil Gas Station, 14300 LaGrange Rd.
- Regional News, 12243 S. Harlem
- Walgreens, 12659 Ridgeland
- Metra Palos Heights Station, 11451 Southwest Highway
- Jewel, 7127 W. 127th Street
- Dominick’s, 6401 W. 127th Street
- BP Gas Station, 12700 S. Harlem
- 7-11, 6350 135th Street
- Bootsma Bookstore, 6513 W. 123rd Street
- Palos Heights Tobacco, 6539 W. 127th Street
- Hill’s Drugs, 7634 W. 111th Street
- Metra Palos Park Station, 123rd St. & 82nd Ave.
- Plush Horse, 12301 S. 86th Ave.
- Jewel Osco, Millcreek Shopping Center, 9652 W. 131st Street
- Citgo Gas Station, 12301 S. 80th Ave.